In Person: September 25 and 26, 2021
Virtual: September 25 - October 3, 2021
Doors Open Milwaukee is a public celebration of Milwaukee’s neighborhoods, architecture, and history. This event offers behind the scenes tours of commercial buildings, art galleries, urban gardens and more throughout Milwaukee’s downtown and neighborhoods.
How to Participate
- Take an open house tour of 70 sites on Sept 25 and 26 - make your own itinerary, free, no ticket required
- Book a ticketed tour - please note that many have sold out
- View virtual content and tours by browsing Doors Open sites online through October 3
- Take a self guided app tour of Silver City (available in English and Spanish), Villard Ave, or Avenues West
- Participate in the Water themed scavenger hunt and explore water related sites!
- Visit City Hall and the Wisconsin Black Historical Society on 9/26 to hear live music with Access Contemporary Music
- And more... see the blocks below!
- Mask wearing is required for volunteers and visitors at all indoor Doors Open locations.
- We encourage volunteers and visitors to be vaccinated (here's a list of free vaccine clinics if you are not already vaccinated).
- A limited number of free masks will be available at Doors Open locations thanks to a partnership with the Milwaukee Health Department.
- Vaccines or proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours will be required at some locations.
We hope our program will not only raise awareness and appreciation of Milwaukee’s architecture and built environment, but also help protect the diversity of income, culture, race, and ethnicity that make neighborhoods livable for everyone. Read our full Land Acknowledgement.