EnglishSpanish

Robert A. Anderson Lake Tower

Photo Tour

This 1940 Art Deco tower originally housed the Town of Lake municipal office and water tower.

Founded in 1838, the Town of Lake grew rapidly in the 20th century and was in need of a city hall and an independent water system. In the mid-30s the Town of Lake hired West Allis engineer William D. Darby who designed a combination water tower municipal building. This 1940 Art Deco building is now home to Milwaukee Department of Neighborhood Services and no longer holds water.