One of three church sites for Three Holy Women Catholic Parish, St. Rita Church was dedicated on September 18, 2020.
Honoring both the former St. Rita Church (which sat on the same site from 1939-2018) and the “Little Pink Church,” Blessed Virgin of Pompeii Church, (which was demolished to make way for Interstate 794 in 1967) St. Rita helps to serve the spiritual needs of the Eastside within the Family of Four Parishes.
The new building, with its vaulted ceiling, incorporates 17 stained-glass windows from the old St. Rita Church, the bronze bell that once rang at Blessed Virgin of Pompeii Church and 10 statues of saints that watched over both churches. The highlight, however, may be the 8-foot tall bronze statue of the archangel Gabriel that was cast in 1904 by Italian artist Gaetano Trentanove and looked out on the neighborhoods of both Blessed Virgin of Pompeii and the old St. Rita Church.
St. Rita Church is attached to St. Rita Square, a Capri Senior Community, and was built by developer Jim Tarantino.
1617 N Cass Street Milwaukee, WI
10 am - 5 pm
12 pm - 5 pm
Photography, Video, Tripods Permitted
1st floor only