We still need volunteers! This event features tours of 170+ buildings throughout metro Milwaukee. We are seeking volunteer greeters to welcome and count visitors at Doors Open sites during a 4 hour shift.
- New Volunteers: Attend an orientation session to prepare you for your volunteer experience (see details below)
- Work one or more 4-hour shifts at one of 160+ buildings in the morning or afternoon
When? Sept. 28 and 29 @ 9 am
Where? Doors Open Headquarters: 235 E Michigan St
What? At the orientation sessions you will:
- Understand what is expected of you as a Doors Open Volunteer and ask questions about the volunteer experience
- New volunteers should plan to attend. Orientation not required for past volunteers.
- Greet visitors at a building site entrance and briefly tell them what to expect at that particular site
- Track visitor attendance
- Distribute event program guides
- Stamp children’s building passports
- Ask visitors to sign-up for Historic Milwaukee Inc.’s mailing list
- Solicit donations to maintain Doors Open as a FREE event
- Work with buildings owners and managers to ensure that visitors follow any necessary building requirements
- The opportunity to meet other architecture and history enthusiasts!
- Volunteer badge to cut to the front of line at any participating weekend sites
- 50% off membership to Historic Milwaukee for new members
- 10% off at the Historic Milwaukee Gift Shop (expires October 31)
- 10% off Doors Open pins and stickers