Historic Milwaukee is soliciting new volunteer guides for the 2020 season. We are specifically seeking tour guides for student tour for 3rd/4th graders or step-on bus guides. Training will be geared to those specific tours.
If you have an interest in history, architecture, or Milwaukee, please consider applying for our training program. Formal education is not required but applicants should be self-motivated with a desire to learn. Tour guides are volunteers and do not receive compensation from Historic Milwaukee for hours donated.
New Guides Must:
- Complete HMI’s guide training program
- Commit to giving 3 tours in the 2020 season
- Renew or become a member of Historic Milwaukee
- Be available on weekdays to give tours
- Be able to lead walking tours at a reasonable pace for 1.5-2 hours (not applicable to Step-On Guides)
- Have home internet access
- Know how to use a word processor, email and search the internet to conduct research
- Submit to a background check
Guide Training Schedule:
Attendance at all of the sessions is highly recommended but we understand emergencies and illness can occur. Absences will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Intro Meeting – March 10, 2020 at 1 pm
- Architecture I – March 13, 2020 at 1 pm
- Architecture II – March 18, 2020 at 1 pm
- Student Tour Practice - March 24, 2020 at 1 pm
- Step-On Guide Practice - March 31, 2020 at 1 pm
Applications are due Sunday, February 23th. Accepted applicants will be notified by Tuesday, February 25th.
Questions? Please call our office, 414-277-7795 or email [email protected]