- This event has passed.
May 7, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Historic Milwaukee’s Spaces & Traces program will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2022. This year celebrates the 40th annual Spaces & Traces and will offer guided tours of restored and newly constructed apartments, condos, hotels, commercial spaces and more in Milwaukee’s Downtown, Westown, Yankee Hill, and Third Ward neighborhoods.
What’s included with a ticket?
- Access to all tour locations on May 7
- All virtual lectures and recordings
- Paper pamphlet with tour map. Due to the high cost of paper supplies and an effort to reduce waste, please note the pamphlet will replace the printed booklet this year.
Mask wearing for all volunteers and attendees will be required. Some property tours are in close quarters like riding elevators and interiors of privately owned condos. To ensure the safety of all, please mask up.
The following locations will be open to tour on May 7 from 9 am – 5 pm. Visitors will be able to see condo units, apartments and common areas.
- Breakwater Condominiums: 1313 N Franklin Pl
- Lake Bluff Condominiums: 1300 N Prospect Ave
- Van Buren City Lofts: 1325 N Van Buren St
- Dubbel Dutch Hotel (Koeffler-Baumgarten Double House): 817 N Marshall St
- Falk Legal Group (Historic James Ilsley House): 1037 N Astor St
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church: 1100 N Astor St
- Kinn Guesthouse Downtown Milwaukee: 600 N Broadway
- Mackie Building (apartment and Grain Exchange Room), 225 E Michigan St
- Plankinton Clover Apartments (Plankinton Arcade): 161 W Wisconsin Ave
- The Grand (Hotel Wisconsin): 720 N Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Drive
- Broadway Condominiums: 235 N Broadway
- NO LONGER OPEN ON MAY 7 – Warehouse 525
- Pritzlaff Lofts: 311 N Plankinton Ave
- Soap Works Lofts: 418 N 3rd St
Learn more about the history and future of downtown by tuning in to these lectures. All lectures will take place on Zoom, recordings will also be available to ticket holders:
Please note the Bucks Playoff Game begins at 2:30 pm at the Fiserv Forum. The Deer District will be open at 12:30 pm for the viewing party. It would be best to park east and south of the arena. Private parking lot prices may be higher than normal.
Hop Street Car: We highly recommend taking the Hop Street Car as you visit tour locations during Spaces & Traces. All of the tour sites are just a short walk away from Hop stops.
The Hop Street Car is FREE, no ticket required.
MCTS: Consider taking the bus to get downtown on May 7.
Bublr: Use Milwaukee’s bike share system to explore downtown on May 7. The Bublr stations are near all the tour locations. Click here to view the map.
Use code the following code to receive 50% off a 24 hour pass, or just pay per ride: 402022
Street Parking: Please follow street parking signs and meters. Different areas throughout downtown offer varying parking options. Typically street parking downtown will be limited to 2 hours with meter required.
Paid Parking Lots: Click here to view private lots with all day parking options.
Free Parking lots: The lots listed below are free for ticket holders of Spaces & Traces on May 7 from 9 am – 5 pm. There is limited availability, first come first serve.
- Northwestern Mutual Lot: 818 E Mason Street and the corner of Cass St and Well St. 25 spots available.
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church Lot: 1100 N Astor St, parking lot entrance is located just south of the church. 30 spots available.