In Person: September 25 and 26, 2021
Virtual: September 25 - October 3, 2021
Doors Open Milwaukee is a public celebration of Milwaukee’s neighborhoods, architecture, and history. This event offers behind the scenes tours of commercial buildings, art galleries, urban gardens and more throughout Milwaukee’s downtown and neighborhoods.
How to Participate
- Take an open house tour of 70 sites on Sept 25 and 26 - make your own itinerary, no ticket required
- Book a ticketed tour - please note that many have sold out
- View virtual content and tours by browsing Doors Open sites online through October 3
- Take a self guided audio tour of Silver City (available in English and Spanish), Villard Ave, or Avenues West
- Participate in the Water themed scavenger hunt and explore water related sites!
- And more... stay tuned!
- Mask wearing is required for volunteers and visitors at all indoor Doors Open locations.
- We encourage volunteers and visitors to be vaccinated (here's a list of free vaccine clinics if you are not already vaccinated).
- A limited number of free masks will be available at Doors Open locations thanks to a partnership with the Milwaukee Health Department.
- Vaccines or proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours will be required at some locations.
- Some locations may have other site specific protocol in place that the public will be required to follow.