100% Secure Checkout!
235 E. Michigan Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: (414) 277–7795
Fax: (414) 277–0645
The slogan was first used in 1898 and appeared on the cover of The Book of Milwaukee: Development, Resources, Enterprise and Beauty of the Peerless Cream City in 1901. This volume for civic boosterism was published by The Evening Wisconsin, an afternoon daily that was Milwaukee’s highest circulating newspaper in the early 1900s.
The original illustrator or lithographer is unknown to this day.
The image was revived by the City of Milwaukee Department of City Development in the 1980s around the same time they created the original neighborhood posters which are also sold at HMI.
Poster size: 15 x 22 inches
History from Milwaukee Public Library
— OR —