EnglishSpanish

Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery

Photo TourVideo Tour360VR Tour

This building is an impressive culmination of its long history and exciting restoration.

Best Place is named “Best” for a number of reasons. First, because it was the Jacob Best & Sons Brewery in 1844 at the corner of 9th and Chestnut (now Juneau). Best Place is made up of two Buildings and two significant additions. After a fire decimated the Best Brewery in 1879, Captain Pabst began the rebuild with our 1880 Pabst Corporate Offices & Visitors Center. In 1890, Pabst bought the adjacent 1858 Jefferson Milwaukee Public Elementary School. These are the two main Buildings. In 1893, Ferry & Clas architects, created the Captain Pabst Tower, joining the two Buildings together. After Prohibition ended in 1933, Pabst added the Waiting Room (later the Gift Shop, currently the Coffee Shop) and the Guest Center/Sternewirt creating two Courtyards, one with a statue of Steamboat Captain and Beer Baron Frederick Pabst (by sculptor, Gaetano Tretanove of Florence, Italy) and the other adorned with the statue of the Patron Saint and King of Beer & Brewing, King Gambrinus. Pabst shut down December 1996. JC Haertel Real Estate obtained an accepted offer to purchase the brewery from Pabst for $11 Million on 9-11-2001. The Deal closed with Wispark and Ferchill, Juneau Avenue Partners, 9-10-2002. Haertel ended up with these two Buildings and they have been recognized as the Best; YELP in 2019 Best Wedding Venue in Wisconsin, Best Bar with a Patio 2019 Shepherd Express, finalist for Best Milwaukee Tour and Best Gift Shop, 2019 Shepherd Express.

tour-icon_video@2x

Video Tour

tour-icon_video@2x

360° VR Tour