The 1892 Landmark Chapel at Forest Home Cemetery was designed by Ferry & Clas in English Gothic style.
The 1896 crematory on the lower level was the first in Wisconsin. 1909 offices include document vaults that will be open to view large cemetery record books of 1850′s, including the signatures of Milwaukee’s most famous names.
Tour the landmark English Gothic chapel, made from Lake Superior sandstone and built in 1892. The building was designed by the architectural firm Ferry and Clas, which also designed the Milwaukee Central Library and the Pabst Mansion. The chapel’s basement houses the first crematory built in the Upper Midwest. It was in use for more than 100 years beginning in 1895.
2405 W Forest Home Ave
10 am - 3 pm
Photography, Video, Tripods Permitted
1st floor only