Visit Milwaukee’s Newest Historic Landmark
Sculptor Celine Farrell purchased the Lamers Building in 1972, becoming the third owner of the building. Originally bearing the address 354 Grove Street, it was changed to 830-832 S. 5th St in 1931 when Milwaukee changed many of its street names.
Now designated as a Historic Landmark by the City of Milwaukee, the High Victorian Italianate commercial building was designed by Andrew Elleson in 1883 and renovated by Otto C. Uehling and Carl Linde in 1901. It is constructed with Cream City brick on a limestone foundation and has an elaborate facade facing S. 5th Street. It was home to a shoe store, a radio repair shop, a Yugoslavian publisher, and a surgical appliance retailer in it’s earlier days.
Today, it is the home of Celine’s sculpture studio and the Lunney Garden, named in honor of her mother, and Team Nerd Press, a letterpress print and poster shop. It’s also home to Grove Gallery, an exhibition space for local artists. Grove Gallery will be hosting John Fleissner’s new art show, “DAYBREAK – Relief Prints and Broadsides” during Doors Open.
832 S 5th St
10 am - 5 pm