The house was saved in 1938 when it was moved to the park and restored as a WPA project and is now managed by the Milwaukee County Historical Society.
Kilbourntown House, also known as the Benjamin Church House, was built in 1844 by Benjamin Church, a carpenter from New York.
Church, his wife and six children lived in the house, which was originally located in the section of Milwaukee known as Kilbourntown. An excellent example of Greek Revival architecture, the house was saved from destruction in 1938 when it was moved to Estabrook Park and restored as a WPA project.
The home contains an outstanding collection of mid-nineteenth century furniture and decorative arts. The house is maintained jointly by the Milwaukee County Historical Society, the Milwaukee County Parks, and the Colonial Dames. Kilbourntown House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
4250 N Estabrook Pkwy
10 am - 3 pm